PDF.js plans to soon start including and using Adobe CMap files for converting
character codes to character id’s(CIDs) and mapping character codes to unicode
values. This will fix a number of bugs in PDF.js and will improve our support
for Chinese, Korean, and Japanese(CJK) documents.

I wanted to inform dev-platform because there are quite a few files and they
are large. The files are loaded lazily as needed so they shouldn’t affect the
size of Firefox when running, but they will affect the installation size. There
are 168 files with an average size of ~40KB, and all of the files together are
roughly:
6.9M
2.2M when gzipped

http://sourceforge.net/adobe/cmap/wiki/Home/