On 2/24/2014, 10:08 PM, Nicholas Nethercote wrote:
On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 6:50 PM, Ehsan Akhgari <ehsan.akhg...@gmail.com> wrote:
Nick, do we run any kind of automated leak checking through valgrind?  I
found bug 976363 today, it's something that any automated leak detection
tool should be able to catch.

The Valgrind test job does leak checking, and it's recently caught
some leaks and caused the offending patches to be backed out. However,
the test coverage is pretty meagre, and it's desktop only so can't
detect leaks in IPC code.

These leaks are reproducible on desktop, as part of mochitest-2. For reproducing them locally, you need to run the tests in dom/browser-element. Any idea why they were not caught then?

I believe the ASan builds also do leak checking. Their coverage is
much better, but still doesn't cover IPC.

I don't think that they do any kind of leak checking.

(Also, we run quite a bit of the IPC code on desktop for things like plugins, thumbnail generation for about:newtab and mochitests that specifically test out of process frames.)

Cheers,
Ehsan