Andreas Gal wrote:

Could we compress major parts of omni.ja en block? We could for example stick
all JS we load at startup into a zip with zero compression and then compress
that into an outer zip. I think we already support nested containers like that.
Assuming your math is correct even without adding LZMA2 just sticking with zip
we should get better compression and likely better load times. Wdyt?

You could compress the whole of omni.ja en bloc and stick the startup cache at the beginning so that you don't have to completely decompress omni.jar until such time as you use the last entry, if at all.

--
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.