On 2014-02-28, 9:02 PM, Hal Wine wrote:
On 2014-02-28 17:32 , L. David Baron wrote:
On Friday 2014-02-28 17:24 -0800, Hal Wine wrote:
So, the question is - what say developers -- what's the balance point
between:
  - too often, making collaborating on try pushes hard
  - too infrequent, introducing increasing push times

Why not change the try repo reset procedure so that instead of just
cloning mozilla-central, you also pull from the old try repo into
the new one all of the heads of try pushes made within the last one
or two weeks.  (Presumably there's a list of them somewhere, or it
could be maintained?)  Then the try reset won't break things for
those recent pushes, but only the older ones.

David -- that's one idea that has not yet been tried. I suspect other
folks will also come up with new ideas.

However - in the meantime, what try reset schedule would devs prefer?
Are you suggesting we stay with the only-reset-when-devs-scream-in-pain
approach until a real solution is found?

I would recommend doing that while we try to find a real solution.

Cheers,
Ehsan