On 3/14/14 7:09 PM, Neil wrote:
Not that I'm planning on adding any new components, but what
alternatives are there, particularly for non-core consumers?

For core consumers, JS-implemented WebIDL is the way to go.

For non-core, if you control the Gecko you build against, then the answer is the same. If you have to work against a random Gecko, that's a problem we don't have a good solution for yet. Assuming you really need to expose the object to a web page. On the other hand, it's not clear to me that you want to be exposing objects to all web pages like that, in general.

-Boris