On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 5:56 PM, Zack Weinberg <za...@panix.com> wrote:
> The downside of turning this on would be that any switch statements
> that *deliberately* include only a subset of the enumerators, plus a
> default case, would now have to be expanded to cover all the
> enumerators.

If there are few enough that this is sane.  There are at least a few
switches on nsresult in the tree, IIRC.  Those would have to be
rewritten as if/else.  I think we have some other big enums lying
around, although probably not so dramatic.

On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 10:13 PM, Karl Tomlinson <mozn...@karlt.net> wrote:
> Does WARNINGS_AS_ERRORS make the default:MOZ_CRASH() unnecessary?

No, because it's possible that the thing you're testing is not
actually a valid enum value, such as if it was incorrectly cast.  Our
codebase has no shortage of dubious casts.