On 4/17/14, 12:09 AM, Henri Sivonen wrote:
In theory, Gecko engineers are not supposed to use time for tweaking
c-c. Yet, just going ahead and totally burning c-c would be terribly
impolite and at odds with the notion of Mozilla continuing to keep
Thunderbird builds going. That's why I tried to pay attention to the
impact on c-c.

Note that the current mozilla-central (Gecko 31) will become the next ESR. If you remove the UTF-7 code now, then TB developers will need to fix their UTF-7 issues for the next GA release of TB (because it is based on ESRs). If you postpone removing the UTF-7 code until Gecko 32, then the code will live in ESR 31 for another year.

This is just a PSA; I don't have an opinion of whether leaving UTF-7 in ESR 31 is a feature or a bug. :)

chris