My interpretation of this is that the only time braces go on the end of the
line is when you're starting a "control structure"
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Developer_guide/Coding_Style#Control_Structures

structs, enums, classes, and functions are not control structures, so the
opening brace should be at the appropriate indentation level on a line of its
own.

Dave Hylands