On Friday, May 30, 2014 5:06:52 PM UTC+3, Gabriele Svelto wrote:
> On 30/05/2014 14:19, Andreas Gal wrote:
> If you can point us to some specific hardware we really suck on we can
> definitely look into this.

Sure, and the hardware specs are also available at bug 894128 comment 0.

100% smooth scrolling with IE was observed on the following systems:

- Acer Iconia w510 tablet, which has a Clover Trail Atom z2760, which indeed
includes a PowerVR SGX 545 GPU.

- Asus T100 laptop/tablet, which has a newer and considerably stronger Bay
Trail Atom Z3740, AFAIK with with HD graphics technology similar to HD4000.

- Asus N56VZ with i7-3630qm with HD4000 GPU (it also has nvidia gt650m with
optimus, and comment 30 compares the intel/nvidia performance on this system).

On all these systems, Firefox is far behind IE on this front, but with margins
getting lower as the systems get stronger (i.e. in order of presentation - old
atom, new atom, i7+hd4000).

- avih