On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 11:11 AM, Jonathan Griffin <jgrif...@mozilla.com>
wrote:

> I guess a related question is, if we could run this periodically on TBPL,
> what would be the right frequency?
>
> We could potentially create a job in buidlbot that would handle the
> downloading/post-processing, which might be a bit faster than doing it on
> an external system.

Ideally, you would be able to trigger it on a try run for specific test
suites or even specific subsets of tests. For example, for certificate
verification changes and SSL changes, it would be great for the reviewer to
be able to insist on seeing code coverage reports on the try run that
preceded the review request, for xpcshell, cppunit, and GTest, without
doing coverage for all test suites.

To minimize the performance impact of it further, ideally it would be
possible to scope the try runs to "cppunit, GTest, and xpcshell tests under
the security/ directory in the tree."

This would make code review more efficient, because the reviewers wouldn't
have to spend as much time suggesting missing tests as part of the review.

In PSM, and probably in Gecko generally, people are unlikely to write new
tests for old code that they are not changing, so periodic "full" reports
would be less helpful than reports for tryserver.

Cheers,
Brian