Currently, we have navigator.getDeviceStorage and navigator.getDeviceStorages

We're looking to expand device storage to add support for more virtual storage
areas, like DropBox, or GoogleDrive, etc.
See bug 1035053

I was going to propose that we add navigator.deviceStorage (or possibly
navigator.mozDeviceStorage) and have at least the following methods:

deviceStorage.addObserver
deviceStorage.removeObserver
deviceStorage.getAll
deviceStorage.getDefault

We need some new notifications, one to report when the default volume has
changed (on B2G it is controlled by a setting which then gets reflected into a
preference), one to report when a new storage area (like DropBox) is added, and
one to report when it goes away. Presumably we'd also need additional APIs to
actually add/remove storage areas.

deviceStorage.getAll would return exactly what navigator.getDeviceStorages
returns today, and deviceStorage.getDefault would return exactly what
navigator.getDevicetorages returns today.

I think that we probably need to leave getDeviceStorage and getDeviceStorages
both around for the time being in order to maintain backwards capability.

So I guess I'd like to determine if the approach I've outlined is reasonable,
and I'd like to get an opinion on whether we should use deviceStorage or
mozDeviceStorage.

Thanks

Dave Hylands