Hello!

I am interested in making the Qt toolkit usable again, especially on Linux.
While I don't think we can ever actually use it for more platforms, except
maybe some mobile devices, it is still something I care about. For that
reason I am trying to avoid X11 specific code. At the moment I am mostly
making sure that --enable-default-toolkit=default-qt keeps compilable.
There have also been some patches to make key and mouse handling better,
like shortcuts. The Qt widget uses OpenGL layers by default, which works
surprisingly well. Basic layers should work on Linux, but there is some
issue with expose events. The Qt widget actually at some point support
almost all default widget features like filepickers, native themes and drag
& drop. Oleg Romashin <rom...@gmail.com> had to remove these features to
make to code compile with Qt 5. (
https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/c5953f75569b) So most of the
things that are currently missing actually existed at one point and just
have to be reimplemented.
Right now my focus is on fixing the different kind of bounds, positions,
move and resize operation on the window. After that I will probably look
into native themes. There has been some discussion recently about KDE
integration, which makes me hope that maybe some of them would be
interested in helping out. I am actually quite new to Qt, but I find it a
lot easier to handle than GTK. There seems to be also a recent shift of
some apps to Qt as well.

Maybe somebody is interested in this project? Here is a screenshot that I
tweeted a while ago: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrFDppxCIAEeZr9.png:large

Cheers,
Tom