On 14-08-12 08:46 PM, Cameron McCormack wrote:
> Ben Hearsum wrote:
>> Apple recently announced changes to how OS X applications must be
>> packaged and signed
>
> Does this also apply if you run .app/Contents/MacOS/firefox binary
> manually rather than opening the .app?

I'm not sure about that. I also seem some discussion that running like
that may not work after these changes....Rob, do you remember the
details there?

> If developers do update their OS to 10.9.5 when it's released, is there
> a way to override this check?  Otherwise it's going to make it difficult
> to run older builds (e.g. manually testing old builds for regressions,
> or using mozregression that does Nightly build bisection).

You can disable all of these checks in the System Preferences, so this
shouldn't be an issue for regression hunting, QA, etc. We're concerned
with the out-of-box experience for average users.

- Ben