Thanks for your answers, Tim.

On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 12:38 PM, Tim Taubert <ttaub...@mozilla.com> wrote:

> helpcrypto helpcrypto wrote:
> > I'll love to know if Mozilla/Firefox is going to provide something (even
> > out-of-standard) to make possible using PKCS#11/NSS with Webcrypto.
>
> The WebCrypto API basically exposes PKCS#11/NSS functionality with a DOM
> API.

I mean to actually use current secmod.db pkcs#11 modules/keys
AFAIK, Webcrypto just talks about "operations with keys" but doesnt say
anything about "where the keys came from" (just on-demand generated). This
is left for KeyDiscovery.
Is there any public place where i can look for such a thing as
"KeyDiscovery implementation status on Firefox"?

>  > This will fill the gap that currently exist with hardware token support
>
> Not sure what exactly what you are referring to here but I don't know of
> any current plans to extend the WebCrypto API beyond what the spec says.

Will be possible to request an specific PKCS#11 token to generate a keypair?
Will be possible to request a certificate which contains an specific string?

Thats the kind of operations im talking about.

Regards