> On Sep 17, 2014, at 2:44 AM, "L. David Baron" <dba...@dbaron.org> wrote:

>>> of CSS Filters behind a -webkit prefix.
>>>
>>> Do they have plans to ship without the prefix?  It's not really
>>> interoperable if it requires different syntax.
>>
>> Are you suggesting that we should add a '-webkit-filter' property so
>> Firefox is interoperable?
>
> No.  I'm suggesting that we should try to ensure that Blink and
> WebKit unprefix sooner rather than later.

Shorthand filters are just supported on HTML content in WebKit and Blink. SVG
content exclusively works with the unprefixed filter property which currently
just supports a reference to SVG <filter> elements. Once that is fixed, both
platforms will support the shorthand functions on unprefixed filter as well.
However, it is unlikely that the prefixed property will be removed soon.
Shipping CSS filters in Firefox is a strong signal to web developers. The
specification is getting finalized and changes to the existing functions must
be compatible to the current implementation in WebKit, Blink and Gecko and will
not be accepted for level 1 of the spec.

Greetings
Dirk