On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 1:41 AM, Bobby Holley <bobbyhol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It would probably be easy for them to fix, yes. But we have a roughly fixed
> amount of capital with addon authors with which to force them to make
> compatibility fixes - at some point, some number of them get fed up and
> stop updating their code. I'm really not sure that this is a worthy place
> to spend it.
>
> +1 to Bill's idea.

Though I also think that developers will appreciate using "real" JS.
And presumably the current JS semantics were created for good reasons
and actually something that authors ultimately prefer.

So I don't think we should think of converting to standard semantics
here as purely a cost.

Ultimately I think we should check with addon authors before making a
decision one way or another.

/ Jonas