W3C recently published the following proposed recommendation (the
stage before W3C's final stage, Recommendation):

  http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/
  HTML5

There's a call for review to W3C member companies (of which Mozilla
is one) open until October 14.

This specification is largely based on a snapshot of the WHATWG's
HTML specification, written by Ian Hickson.

If there are comments you think Mozilla should send as part of the
review, or if you think Mozilla should voice support or opposition
to the specification, please say so in this thread.  (I'd note,
however, that there have been many previous opportunities to make
comments, so it's somewhat bad form to bring up fundamental issues
for the first time at this stage.)

One of the open issues being raised in this review is the status of
the spec's normative reference to the URL specification.  The
specification currently references http://www.w3.org/TR/url/ ; it
might be possible for us to suggest that it instead reference either
http://url.spec.whatwg.org/ or
https://whatwg.org/specs/url/2014-07-30/ (although if we did so, it
would probably be best for somebody to raise the issue elsewhere in
addition to it just being part of our review).

I expect the finalization of this specification at W3C to be a big
event, compared to other specifications.

-David

             Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
             What I was walling in or walling out,
             And to whom I was like to give offense.