Hi,

I analyzed some private pages because of a font problem with FF34a2.
It was a problem with the font Verdana.
Seems the font was "crashed" in my Win7 64bit.

See:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-desktop/verdana-ttf-font-missing-from-windows-7/33da1d97-8ebd-489c-83c5-c8359f9d3511
http://superuser.com/questions/234566/how-do-i-find-and-activate-missing-fonts-in-windows-7

But I hadn't the change to restart and test it, because I tested a
Anti-Virus-Scanner and the scan was running till now ... :D

The problem appeared e.g. when the font was specified in a CSS-File like this:
body, form, th, td {
    font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;

And also the fall-back to the font Arial didn't worked!

But in this example (with the font in the HTML-File) it worked !!!
http://de.selfhtml.org/css/eigenschaften/anzeige/font_family.htm
(And there is no fall-back!)

So my first questions were:
- Why I had no problems with the second font ???
- Is it possible to check if the font really works or if it is just wrong
registered in the system ???
- And - because it seems there are more problems with Verdana - is it possible
to ship a own Verdana with FF ???

I found e.g. this about the problems:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=Verdana&list_id=11382200
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=298766

But today I got even more confused, because I updated to FF35a2 and now the
fall-back seems to work ... ???

Greets, Tobias (BesTo).