Like Ted mentions GTest doesn't support running test in parallel -in
the same process-, you have to launch multiple processes which the
./mach gtest command helps you do.

Currently GTest has a ScopedXPCOM thing. I'm not sure exactly what
this implies however:
http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/testing/gtest/mozilla/GTestRunner.cpp#86