On 10/31/14 9:51 AM, Gregory Szorc wrote:
All problems in computer science can be solved by another level of
indirection. The problem here is that Git users need to push to the
canonical Mercurial repositories (inbound, try, etc). You will be
hearing me say this a lot in the months ahead, but "Autoland changes
everything."

I should have also added "MozReview changes everything." I'm not sure how yet, but Try and MozReview will eventually converge, at least as far as the server-side repository management is concerned. They both share similar models: mostly write-only repositories scaling to infinite heads. Even if they don't actually converge, if we solve the scaling/push problems for one, we've solved them for the other. So, when people talk about pain points around "pushing to Try" and "uploading patches to Bugzilla [for review]," I hear the same problem, even though they are very different problems today.