On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 8:26 AM, Dave Townsend <dtowns...@mozilla.com> wrote:
> We started that with prompting users to opt-in to e10s
> around a month ago and since then around 25% of Nightly users have been
> running with e10s enabled. As we hoped this saw a surge in the number of
> bugs filed and helped us understand the remaining issues more. Many many
> bugs have been fixed since then and as of Tuesday nothing remaining looked
> bad enough to block us turning this on more globally.

25% is pretty high! Knowing that, the decision to turn it on by
default does not seem unreasonable.

Thinking ahead: e10s is a big enough change that I suspect we'll see
high levels of instability when it gets uplifted to Aurora and
(especially) Beta. Not sure how to avoid that... but will there be an
easy way to disable it? I think there should be a pref in the user
prefs (i.e. not just about:config) because it sounds like a
non-trivial fraction of users will have add-ons broken by it. And does
safe mode disable it?

Nick