Experience shows that many users really, really like all the features of
Session Restore and that we can't easily drop any.

However, if you have references to websites that you haven't visited in
years, that's not normal. Either these websites are still opened in some
tab, or there is a bug in Session Restore. Could you double-check that
you really haven't visited them in years?

Cheers,
 David

On 06/11/14 08:07, jlouz...@gmail.com wrote:
> Personally I feel that ss.js might be suffering from a bit of feature bloat.
> As such if someone really does have >1000 tabs open, I would think that the
> content of those tabs were more important than the histories of each.
>
> I found this group because I recently lost a whole bunch of open-tabs and
> then I read up and found out about sessionstore.js but when I tried to
> manually open it it was complete jibberish; some websites were mentioned that
> I haven't visited in years probably!
>
> If there's a chance that this feature be redesigned, it might be easier to
> just provide basic tab-recovery initially and then branch out into other
> essentials. Or maybe to offer those things as separate add-ons.
>
> Just my personal opinion. Losing open tabs is too painful sometimes. :/
>
> -Joel

David Rajchenbach-Teller, PhD
 Performance Team, Mozilla