On 12/6/14, 3:00 PM, Ankit ladhania wrote:
I was thinking of using building a desktop environment that was build using
HTML, CSS and JavaScript. I have read about Firefox OS and i know that Gecko is
used as a Windows Manager in it. So i want to use it to make DE for my desktop.

Does this kind of project already exists ?

I can use some clarification in it as i'm confused about how will gecko sit on
top of the kernel and how will i program my DE(Desktop Environment).

It will be really helpful if some link regarding the same is provided.

I recommend asking this question in mozilla.dev.b2g where this work has been done for phones and tablets. There's no reason I can think of that would prevent you from using Gecko+Gaia as a starting point for a PC experience.

- A