On 19/12/2014 20:45, William McCloskey wrote:
I was the person in the previous thread who found them useful, and I still
do. Some of the extraWarnings stuff is of questionable value, but the
undefined property stuff is really useful.

Can you give an example of a useful undefined property warning? Because my experience is the same as fitzgen's in that they are basically never useful to me.

Writing front-end JS code for Firefox is generally a painful experience:
terrible error messages, often no filename or line number information, or
even no output at all. But I think we should be making things better, not
worse.

Agreed that we should be improving this, but I think we differ in that I don't think this change makes things worse - in fact, removing these is better, IMO, in that real errors now don't get hidden inbetween warnings pretending to be errors.

We should be fixing the filename/line number info (fwiw, that part is unrecognizable to me in the general sense - have you filed bugs?), and parse errors generating no errors at all (I think there are bugs on file for this), but keeping these warnings won't help us do that.

~ Gijs