On 2015-02-26 05:57 PM, Mike Hoye wrote:
> Instead, I propose that we stand up a variety of old, slow, minimum-spec
> "approved" development boxes, build on them daily. If forward progress
> means we need to abandon a category of developers' machines, I ask that
> we try to do that with as much transparency and advance notice as we'd
> grant a category of users in the same position.

Monitoring things that only build on a nightly basis has proven to be
terribly difficult. Nightly only jobs (that don't have equivalent CI
jobs) are hidden on treeherder/tbpl, and issues tend to go unnoticed for
weeks. Bustage to jobs like this isn't usually cause for backouts either.

I'm not saying we shouldn't do this, but I just want to make it known
that while it will improve the situation, it's unlikely to get us back
to a place where builds will always work on 32-bit Windows.