Thanks everyone for weighing in. It sounds like we don't want to touch
popups :-) And yes, negative persistence (never allow) should remain
available.

The Notifications API is a bit in flux and the most interesting
notifications require service workers so are already restricted. I
guess I'm okay with leaving them alone for now.

On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 7:04 PM, Gijs Kruitbosch
<gijskruitbo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can we make an exception for localhost and its IPv4 and IPv6 equivalents to
> make things easier for web devs? Bonus points if we make a mechanism that
> detects /etc/host overrides (to localhost) and allow it there, too.

I think the exceptions of the "powerful features" document are
"localhost", equivalent hostnames (I can't think of any), and file
URLs. Developer tools should provide overrides. We need overrides for
service workers too.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/