Having pages go out of date can certainly be a challenge, hence why
this wiki page is descriptive (citing historical examples and other
external resources), rather than prescriptive.

No additional risk of becoming out of date beyond that from already
existing pages. It's a general good practice to write wiki-pages in
such a future-defensive way.

I'll also add a note about any questions about "intent to ..." should
go to dev-platform to provide direction should anything actually go
out of date and someone is potentially confused.

Thanks,

Tantek