On Sat, Apr 11, 2015 at 12:23 AM, Jonas Sicking <jo...@sicking.cc> wrote:
Is there a reason to upgrade to File? I thought it'd be good to keep
the object identities the same as much as possible (except for the
sequence object itself of course).

FWIW, FormData also upgrades to File (and gives Blob objects a
filename of "blob" in the process).

Precisely.  I'm actually using the exact same code for the .files setter.

Note that we'd have to do something like this anyway at submit time, in that the submitted data would need a made-up filename. And it feels weird to allow doing something via the .files setter (add a Blob but not File to the file list) that you can't do with FormData...

I'm not sure I see much in the way of upsides to not upgrading Blobs here. I do see a bunch of downsides.

-Boris