On 4/14/15 11:53 AM, justin.kru...@gmail.com wrote:
Dynamic DNS might be difficult to run on HTTPS as the IP address needs to
change when say your cable modem IP updates.

Justin, I'm not sure I follow the problem here. If I understand correctly, you're talking about a domain name, say "foo.bar", which is mapped to different IPs via dynamic DNS, and a website running on the machine behind the relevant cable modem, right?

Is the site being accessed directly via the IP address or via the foo.bar hostname? Because if it's the latter, then a cert issued to foo.bar would work fine as the IP changes; certificates are bound to a hostname string (which can happen to have the form "123.123.123.123", of course), not an IP address.

And if the site is being accessed via (changeable) IP address, then how is dynamic DNS relevant?

I would really appreciate an explanation of what problem you're seeing here that I'm missing.

-Boris