Hi everyone!

The next meeting of the C++ Standards Committee will be May 4-9 in
Lenexa, Kansas.

This is a busy and exciting time for C++, with many major new features
being developed, such as concepts, modules, reflection, transactional
memory, contracts, coroutines, ranges, a concept-enabled refresh of the
standard library, an expanded set of vocabulary types like
optional/any/variant, and others. I expect this to be a key meeting,
where a picture of which of these features will be ready for the next
version of the standard - C++17 - will begin to emerge.

If you'd like to know more about the progress of C++ standardization,
you can look at the summaries of the past four meetings on my blog (most
recent one here [1]). For even more detail, you can look at the list of
proposals in front of the committee [2] (the new ones since the last
meeting being [3] and [4]).

I will be attending this meeting; as usual, I expect to spend most of my
time in the Evolution Working Group, where new language features are
discussed at the design level. If there's anything you'd like me to find
out for you at the meeting, or any feedback you'd like me to
communicate, please let me know!

Finally, I'd like to reiterate my standing offer to any member of the
Mozilla community: if you're interested in submitting a proposal to the
committee, please get in touch with me, and I'd be happy to provide you
with guidance for writing the proposal, and to present it at a future
committee meeting if you're not able to attend one yourself.

Cheers,
Botond

[1]
http://theres-waldo.ca/2014/11/23/trip-report-c-standards-meeting-in-urbana-champaign-november-2014/