Trevor> One might wish to mark Foo::IsAFoo override so the compiler
Trevor> checks it shadows Base::IsAFoo but both are still non virtual.

Yes, I agree, one might.  But that doesn't really have any bearing on
the present.

Right now, override is defined as only making sense on virtual
functions.  And, I think we should only develop using the language we
have -- not hypothetical future changes to the language.

Plus, we have automated rewriting tools.  If we're positing that C++
might change in this way, then I think it's equally valid to posit that
the tools will also change appropriately.

Tom