On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 12:03 AM, Daniel Holbert <dholb...@mozilla.com>
wrote:

> Without getting too deep into the exact details about animation /
> notifications / permissions, it sounds like Florian's concern RE
> "browsers want to disable fullscreen if you are not serving the website
> over HTTPS" may be unfounded, then.
>
> (Unless Florian or Martin have some extra information that we're missing.)

I responded to OPs comment about restricting features (such as fullscreen),
I have no more information than that.

Yes, if the permission dialog could be done away with altogether and an
appropriate UX could be done to make it difficult to miss the fullscreen
change, and if that made it possible to have fullscreen functionality
regardless of http or https that would make me happy.

It would also take care of another UX concern of mine (permission dialog
creep), particularly in the case of where an iframe with fullscreen
functionality is embedded, and the youtube player for instance is
re-polling permissions to go fullscreen on every domain it's embedded in
(which from a users point of view just doesn't make any sense).