From what I gather, ServiceWorkers are now The Right Thing To Do if a
webpage needs some off main thread pre/post processing on server-sent
data. This got me thinking that pre/post processing is exactly what
AdBlock Plus is doing.

So, I wonder: could AdBlock Plus be reimplemented using a slightly
beefed up browser-wide ServiceWorker? Could add-on authors similarly
implement, say, image-blocking for slow-connections using a similar
mechanism? What about anti-viruses, which could possibly perform scans
on e.g. swf before it is executed, using js-ctypes and ServiceWorkers?

Cheers,
 David

--
David Rajchenbach-Teller, PhD