Hello all,
At the end of last year we made some changes to make mozharness more
easy to run outside of the Release Engineering VPN.
Mozharness is the python harness that runs most jobs that show up on
Treeherder.

Tooltool has been re-written recently [1], you will now need a token on
your machine (documented) [2].
Tooltool allows fetching binaries (public and private) into a machine,
it does verifications and caching if needed.

In general, if you try to run mozharness as a developer to troubleshoot
an issue and you start having trouble, file a bug (see docs' header)
with the details and if we can't help you on #ateam/#releng look into
requesting a loaner so you are not blocked (added note in docs).

Some jobs can be very dependent to the machines they're running on the
CI and can not easily be run outside of the intended setup. Where
possible we would like to fix this.

regards,
Armen

[1] http://code.v.igoro.us/posts/2015/04/new-tooltool-in-production.html