On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 5:17 AM, Gijs Kruitbosch
<gijskruitbo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 14/05/2015 01:21, Martin Thomson wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 4:54 PM, Matthew N.
>> <mattn+firefox-...@mozilla.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> "In JavaScript, == is preferred to ===." from
>>>
>>> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Developer_guide/Coding_Style#Operators
>>

>> Ahh, that's where it was hiding.  Can we reverse that statement please?
>

> Concurring with Mike in the other branch of the original thread, I would
> prefer not to (for non-test code). You've also provided no arguments as to
> why we should be doing this.

I thought that this was understood.  Crockford offers plenty of
reasons in his book.

To summarize, == uses implicit type coercion.  It says that you don't
care or that you don't know what something is.  I've never seen case
where an explicit check is not possible, and does not help make code
clearer.