On 14/05/2015 22:55, Eric Rescorla wrote:
On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 1:22 PM, Gijs Kruitbosch <gijskruitbo...@gmail.com <mailto:gijskruitbo...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Maybe there is a difference with firefox browser JS and platform
    JS here (on which you seem to be working), in terms of which kinds
    of type confusion are likely and that need thinking about, but IMO
    that just strengthens Mike's case that we should let people write
    whatever they're comfortable with.

I'd like to make sure I understand what you're arguing for. Is it:

- We should retain this section of the style guide (recommending for == rather than ===)
From my personal POV, I would prefer this. I remain un-===-converted so far, but I bet the opposite can be said for people on the === side of the discussion. It seems unlikely we'll reach consensus.

- We should remove this section of the style guide and make no recommendation.

It seems there are some/many people who feel strongly about this and who are unhappy with the recommendation of ==. If we want it changed, I would prefer explicitly mentioning that we're leaving it up to the author/reviewer/project/file style.

~ Gijs

Thanks,
-Ekr