On 5/21/2015 11:38 AM, Andrew Halberstadt wrote:
If someone figures out how to generate code coverage data on
Windows/OSX, I'd be happy to take care of the scheduling pieces. Beyond
that, I personally don't have any plans to work further on code
coverage. If you want to take a shot at generating reports yourself, one
possibility is lcov, a graphical frontend to gcov. I believe sledru
and/or jcranmer may also have some scripts for doing it.

We run tests on a dozen platforms and you consider Windows/OS X/Linux 64 sufficient? :-)

Actually, as far as I know:
1. Linux-32 works exactly the same as Linux-64 (export CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS/LDFLAGS/HOST_LDFLAGS='--coverage' in the mozconfig) 2. Android should work the same, but it needs modification to harnesses to extract the code-coverage to/from the device. 3. OS X builds use clang, which should interoperate with gcc's method, but it does cause either a link error (in opt) or a runtime loader issue (in debug). I think a newer version of clang would fix the issues, but I've been unable to figure out how to test a newer version of clang on the try servers.

I'm the one who has the scripts to generate the data, and I will probably look into modifying my setup to accommodate linux64-cc.

--
Joshua Cranmer
Thunderbird and DXR developer