Hello!

We have an old JS extension that allows objects to modify how they behave
when used with for-in. However this extension will never make it into ES6
and is actually incompatible with how iteration is defined there. So please
don't use __iterator__anymore.

I would really appreciate your help with removing __iterator__ from the
OS.File interface, which makes very heavy use of this feature. Bug 938704
hasn't seen any serious work since 2013.

We also need to look into the addon-sdk, where many of the custom
collection types implement __iterator__ and thus addon authors might
iterate over them with for-in ...

Aside: Please also try avoid using Iterator().

Thank you,
Tom