On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 12:15:22PM +0800, Philip Chee wrote:
> On 23/07/2015 14:40, Mike Hommey wrote:

> >> What is the utility of shipping the back end without the front end?
> >
> > Remote-debugging Thunderbird with the devtools in Firefox.
>
> Nice.

Note that's not new. The backend has been in toolkit forever.

> Does this make it easier for non-firefox applications to ship the
> front end too? e.g. SeaMonkey.

As a matter of fact, the move to a different directory may help with
that, since it's going to be easier to add that directory to the build
system of non-Firefox apps without having to deal with the browser/
directory. That said, the code is not chrome://browser/ independent, so
while this will make it easier, it's barely a small step.

Mike