On 8/2/2015 10:21 AM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
On 8/2/15 7:34 AM, Hubert Figuière wrote:
This is also part of why I'd suggest having an construction method that
will return a smart pointer - preventing the use of raw pointers.

Returning an already_AddRefed would prevent the use of raw pointers, but would leak if the caller used "auto", right?

Returning an nsRefPtr would not prevent the use of raw pointers, allowing a caller to write:

I've discussed this several times, but with we added operator T*() && = delete;, that would prevent the scenario you're talking about here.

--
Joshua Cranmer
Thunderbird and DXR developer