On Friday, October 9, 2015 at 6:43:02 AM UTC-7, Ehsan Akhgari wrote:
> On 2015-10-08 8:27 PM, zbranie...@mozilla.com wrote:
> > Currently, any app that needs any of that information, has to get elevated
> > privileges to let it *set* them, while almost every app that works with UI
> > will just want to retrieve that.
>
> As long as you want to do something b2g specific (which from the content
> of your next email I gather is what you're trying to do now) why not
> just solve this one issue and keep using mozSettings?

If by one issue you mean "read-only access to selected settings without
elevated privileges" then I'm totally in.

If you mean "solve the hour12 and let's deal with measure units and weather
units and first day of the week separately" then I'm afraid that it will each
time be the same hassle.
Also, even with this one hour12 thing I'm in limbo between "just do this in
your platform for now" and "standardize it, but design it well which will take
a lot of time".

So, what is your suggestion?

zb.