1) The reason why we've merge in the beginning of the week is traditionally
there has been fall outs as well as chemspills.  ie this helps reduce the
number of people that have to work weekends in order to fix up the branches.
In case you need evidence of the fall outs, you can see the crash rates usually
increase right after a merge.

2) There was an assumption that b2g would also move at this time and has moved
master 2.6 prematurely; we still have not finished the project.  As far as I
know, taskcluster is not setup to make 2.5 builds.  With the possibility of
pvtbuild server going away,in the near future, this causes an issue to the B2G
project.