Not to derail the topic, but I wonder how many crashes would be more actionable
if they were caught earlier by assertions. I believe Chrome Canary has
assertions enabled for their testing audience. I don't know how pleasant this
would be for Nightly users (like myself), since Nightly right now is usually
pretty stable, but turning MOZ_ASSERT into MOZ_RELEASE_ASSERT (at build time)
for a select audience would at least be easy to do.

Of course, having a mechanism to get a stack for assertions without actually
crashing would be even better, though I don't know how we'd collect such
information (Health Report?). That's bug 1209131.