On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 12:17 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbar...@mit.edu> wrote:

> Just to satisfy my curiosity, what is AFL?

AFL is American Fuzzy Lop, a fuzzer that uses a combination of compiled-in
code coverage and genetic algorithms. http://lcamtuf.coredump.cx/afl/ It
has found a ton of errors in all sorts of programs, but it requires pretty
deterministic behavior (eg so it can implicitly learn that tweaking the nth
bit will cause a different branch to be taken).