On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 11:53 PM, L. David Baron <dba...@dbaron.org> wrote:
>   Although we've participated in the development of this work in the
>   community group, this is an area that we're becoming less involved
>   in.
>
>   We're also concerned about the general applicability of this work
>   to the Web.  Our own use of the subset of this API that we
>   implement has been restricted to privileged apps on Firefox OS,
>   and we're not aware of how it could fit in to the Web's security
>   model.

My personal opinion is that this API is still quite interesting for
TV-products. And that it fits the security model of the web. It's much
less privacy sensitive than getUserMedia or geolocation for example,
and so could use the same security model. The fact that we restricted
it to privileged apps I think was overly cautious.

However, I don't think that it's high enough priority that it's
something that we should invest in at this time.

So I would skip the second paragraph and instead add "at this time" to
the end of the first.

/ Jonas