On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 2:34 PM, Benjamin Smedberg
<benja...@smedbergs.us> wrote:
> I've been unhappy with the fact that our event loop uses refcounted objects
> by default. *Most* runnables are pure-C++ and really don't need to be
> refcounted/scriptable.

I've been thinking about this too.  gfx has a separate thread pool
that was created partly because of the desire to be Gecko-free and
partly because of the overhead that nsIRunnable has.  It would be nice
to eliminate one of those objections.  Making this change would also
bring down bloat from vtables and essentially-useless methods.

> I'm asking you to consider unifying these two things by making our event
> loop work more like chromium and just using c++ objects without a refcount
> by default? Then to post a scriptable event to an event loop you'd have to
> have it own a separate scriptable object.

I'd like to make this happen if Kyle doesn't.

-Nathan