On 04/08/2016 09:13 AM, Andreas Farre wrote:
Looking for someone emacs savvy to help me with running mach --debug as a
command for M-x gdb. Currently there is an issue with mach logging a bit to
much which screws up the GDB/MI communication with emacs. Has anyone
already some solution for this? Otherwise I got it working by adding a
quiet flag to mach --debug that changes the log level to not log
informative messages, is this the "right" way?

Perhaps this should be handled similarly to the what I did in bug 991343, where I suppressed timestamps in the build output to avoid breaking emacs's next-error and previous-error. I haven't run mach --debug under emacs in the way you describe, but it seems like another good use of $INSIDE_EMACS if I am understanding correctly.

I don't know if it works for what you're doing, but these days I either run with something like mach run --debug --debugger=debug, where 'debug' is https://people.mozilla.org/~sfink/data/debug

Or equally likely, I run it under rr first to record it, then debug via replay.