On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 4:27 AM, Henri Sivonen <hsivo...@hsivonen.fi> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 7:45 AM, Masayuki Nakano <masay...@d-toybox.com>
> wrote:
> > So, my question is, why do we still have Qt widget in mozilla-central?
> What
> > the reason of keeping it in mozilla-central?
>
> My understanding is that
> https://git.merproject.org/mer-core/qtmozembed/ still uses it. As we
> are figuring out how to be more embeddable (see
> https://medium.com/@david_bryant/embed-everything-9aeff6911da0 ), it's
> probably a bad time to make life hard for an existing embedding
> solution.

This doesn't really answer the question. We can't have code in tree that
isn't tested, and isn't used, and has nobody responsible for it.

If someone is willing to fix it up and get it tested and included in the
continuous integration process, then that's fine. But "someone might want
to use it in the future" can't possibly be a legit reason to keep
substantial bits of code in the tree.

Mercurial will keep all those sources around for perpetuity, so nothing is
ever really deleted; but we don't need to have it included in tip.