Hey all,

I was experimenting with web components and noticed how there are gaps
between what Firefox supports and what Chrome supports. Reading blog
posts and such I am aware that this is because consensus has not been
reached on the final implementation and I agree it would not be a good
idea to just implement something to be compatible to Chrome.

Nevertheless, since it was mentioned that the new consensus-based shadow
dom implementation is expected to ship in Q1, I'd appreciate if someone
(Anne? Wilson?) could give an update, maybe even as a blog post if there
is news.

How far from generally usable are web components? I think it would be
great to get more support in, as it would be particularly useful to
replace XBL bindings on the mission to deprecate XUL.

Personally I've run into a few issues regarding ::content styling, but I
understand this might change anyway if the slots pattern is used. Also,
it seems devtools does not fully support custom elements.

Philipp