On Mon, May 2, 2016 at 3:51 PM, Lawrence Mandel <lman...@mozilla.com> wrote:

> On Mon, May 2, 2016 at 2:28 PM, Ralph Giles <gi...@mozilla.com> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 9:52 PM, Lawrence Mandel <lman...@mozilla.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I had planned to update the thread after the post went live so that I
> had
> > > the link. Thank you for posting it.
> >
> > The blog post just says "August 2016". Firefox 48 is scheduled for
> > release August 2. Can you confirm that means we can start removing
> > 10.6-10.8 support in mozilla-central now, which will be Firefox 49?
> >

> Yes. Confirmed.

\o/

So this presumably means we can turn off automation running on 10.6-10.8 on
mozilla-central? I believe that will drastically increase our OS X
automation capacity...

So where does that leave us on Universal OS X builds? IIRC our blocker is
the need to support 32-bit Silverlight in the plugin container so various
streaming services using it don't break. Where are we on that front?
(Reminder: killing Universal OS X packages will make automation builds
significantly faster and will reduce the DMG size by almost half.)